Although Social work is a regulated health profession in Ontario, unfortunately it is not covered under OHIP. The majority of extended health benefits/employer benefits however, do cover psychotherapy and social work services (typically in your health and dental insurance package). I encourage you to speak with your insurance provider about counselling services provided by a Registered Social Worker to determine your eligibility and approved rates of coverage.
Psychotherapy services provided by Registered Social Workers are recognized as an income tax deductible medical expense by Revenue Canada.
- There is no fee for an initial telephone consultation
- My rate is $150 per 50-minute session
- I offer a “sliding scale” or special fee arrangement, on the basis of financial need. Due to the high demand for this type of treatment, there is currently a wait list for sliding scale fees. Please email or call to inquire about this wait.
- Payment is collected at the end of each session via cash, cheque or credit card.
- You will be issued a receipt upon payment.
- I require a full 24 hours notice for the cancellation of an appointment. If you cancel with less than 24 hours notice, you will be charged the full rate of the session regardless of the reason, including for no-shows.